Nick Kyrgios is heading towards 2016 aware that he “has some improving to do” concerning his behaviour on court.
While the Australian No.2 declined to answer questions when he trained at the Queensland Tennis Centre this week, the devotee of social media was happy to take them from Twitter followers.
Tennis Australia’s judges did not include Kyrgios or No. 1 Australian Bernard Tomic among their six finalists for Monday’s Newcombe Medal, which has been interpreted as a censure of their behaviour at times this year.
Asked if he thought he was right or wrong with his court behaviour, Kyrgios tweeted: “I know I have some improving to do.”
John McEnroe told The Courier-Mail that Kyrgios is a “shell’’ of the top-five prospect he had been 12 months ago.
Kyrgios says 2016 “will be better than what I’ve had to date’’.
Read more at FoxSports.com.au